Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Habitat For Humanity (HFH)




Many of you wonder just what it is I do with my time (well, maybe 1 or 2 of you wonder, possibly, when you haven't had a bakery update in a while), and here is proof that most of the time I am wondering how to disentangle myself from the trials and tribulations of everyday life.

Here I am doing one of the many executive level (OK, higher level) HFH jobs, figuring out how to get the hose from the compressor to connect up to the nail gun that is somewhere up on the scaffolding near where I am standing. Unfortunately, I seemed to be having such fun figuring out how to do this particular task that one of my co-workers surreptitiously took my picture. Maybe he thought these might be the last shots ever taken of me at HFH before somehow there was a serious accident and it was not going to be a pretty meeting of the hose, the gun, the scaffolding and my neck or hands.

I can't tell you how rewarding this type of endeavor is, you will have to experience for yourself. If you're interested, let me know and I'll "hook you up" as a volunteer.

THB

No comments:

Post a Comment