Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Answers to the Pop Quiz
I believe the Rolling Stones wanted to play in Golden Gate Park.
Note: even DB did not get a perfect score
Pop Quiz and Awnsers: Every correct answer is worth 5 points
1. Why did the trip begin on Day Zero? (for those of you who noticed, 5 bonus points): Because THB was too lazy to renumber the trip days after we added stopping in Reno at beginning of trip
2. Which hotel had the best wifi? Which the worst? Silver Jack the best, because it was in the café and I could post during dinner (could also be the worse); Grand Canyon Lodge the worst…none.
3. If you wanted to buy one of the places we stayed at, which one is available? Silver Jack
4. What audio book did THB and DB attempt to listen to and give up? Breaking the Sound Barrier by Amy Goodman
5. If you are worried about heights, which hike will cure your fear, and why? Angel’s Landing in Zion NP, if you can do this one you can do anything
6. Which NP is named after the view of outside the park? Great Basin NP
7. Pick the reason why THB and DB do not remember being in Zion Any answer is true
a. They are really old and can’t remember anything from before 2003
b. They are really old and think they were there when they weren’t
c. They are really old and when they were there something catastrophic happened and they probably just did a driveby, at most
d. They are really old
8. True or false: sweet potato fries do not count when you are abstaining from eating French fries? False, or is it True?
9. True or false: If you hike at 10,000 feet for 5 hours, you are entitled to share a pumpkin chocolate chip ice cream sandwich at dinner? True
10. True or false: If you drive across the entire state of Nevada in 7 hours, you are entitled to share a pumpkin chocolate chip ice cream sandwich at dinner? True, or is it False?
11. What do all the quotes of the day have in common? All contain the word “park”
12. DB visited the Grand Canyon in February. Why did that not count as a visit to a NP? D…not sure about the moon landing thing
a. She didn’t have the passport book with her, so couldn’t get it stamped
b. She was with Brits, and she only wants to visit NPs with THB
c. She arrived in a helicopter, and that’s cheating, so didn’t count
d. It wasn’t really the GC NP, it was something similar and not quite it (and the moon landing was faked too)
Bonus question: Where was the fourth picture taken? Nationals (baseball) Park